Through the generosity of our many caring donors, Hopkins House is committed to ensuring that all children have access to our highly rated Preschool Academy — regardless of their family’s income — by offering need-based tuition assistance to low-resourced, working parents. This limited financial aid helps fill the gap between the cost of tuition at the Academy and what a family can realistically afford to pay.
Scholarship decisions can take up to 45 days, during which tuition must remain current (i.e., no late or missed payments). Therefore, please plan your budget accordingly and apply as soon as you anticipate a need.
Applying for a Hopkins House scholarship involves several important steps. Do NOT apply until you have read this page completely and carefully.
Prior to applying, carefully review the Scholarship Rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in immediate suspension or termination of the Scholarship.
If you need assistance completing the application or have questions, please speak with the Preschool Academy Principal, or telephone the Family Support Coordinator at (571) 319-9154.
PRIOR TO APPLYING
Prior to applying for a Hopkins House scholarship applicants must apply for government aid. Government aid is often more advantageous for families because the amount and length of assistance is greater than what Hopkins House can provide. The following is a list of links to government agencies that offer financial aid to families for childcare:
- Commonwealth of Virginia – Common Help (For Virginia residents only)
- Fairfax County Office for Children (For Fairfax County, Falls Church, & Herndon residents only)
- City of Alexandria – Child Care Fee Subsidy System (For Alexandria residents only)
- Maryland – Child Care Subsidy (CCS) Program (For Maryland residents only)
- District of Columbia – Child Care Subsidy/Voucher Program (For DC residents only)
After you have applied for assistance from your local government and been denied, follow the steps below to apply for a Hopkins House Preschool Academy Scholarship.
COMPILING THE DOCUMENTS YOU WILL NEED
- STEP #1: Click on the following link and print the form: CHECKLIST
- STEP #2: Click on the following link, complete, and click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form: FAMILY BUDGET
- STEP #3: Click on the following link, print the form, and have the Preschool Academy Principal complete SECTION A and return it to you: RECOMMENDATION FORM
- STEP #4: Complete the Checklist form you printed in Step #1 above), making certain that all the required documents are attached.
- STEP #5: Compile all the documents listed on the Checklist form into a single packet and save it as a .PDF. If you need help with this step, speak with the Preschool Academy Principal or Family Support Coordinator at (571) 319-9154.
Note: Failure to complete the steps enumerated above, including providing all the required documents listed on the Check List form with your Scholarship Application will delay consideration of your application.
To complete and submit your Scholarship Application, click on the following link, complete the form, upload the .PDF you created in Step #5 above, and click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form: SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION