EARLY CHILDHOOD PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
The start of a lifetime of learning and success!
- College classes
- Fast-paced three month semesters
- Tutoring and support, as needed
- Career and individual counseling
- Qualified to take CDA exam
- Gain skills to secure employment, higher pay plus benefits upon graduation
ECLI/EARLY CHILDHOOD LEARNING INSTITUTE
The ECLI is a professional development and adult education program at Hopkins House designed to offer training and support that enables individuals to gain the skills and experience to start a career or advance to a higher paying career in the Early Care and Education field.
Six 3-month semesters over two years that includes college credit leading toward an Associate degree, preparation to take the College English Placement exam and the Child Development Associate (CDA) exam, and guaranteed employment at higher pay and benefits upon graduation.
Program Requirements and Cost
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Not currently enrolled in college or trade school or have a college degree
- Resident of City of Alexandria, Fairfax or Arlington County, or employed at a childcare center in one of these jurisdictions
- Cost: $50 per semester (includes books, childcare, and registration for two classes)
- For students in need of their CDA: $182.50 one-time payment (half of the CDA exam fee and CDA application fee)
"ECLI allowed me to be a student in school without neglecting my parental duties. They provided childcare, in addition to tutoring services and mentors for all students. ECLI’s flexibility allowed me to finish my education and continue pursuing my passion for working with children, especially children with special needs."
Single mother of five children working toward her college degree in early care and education, and recent graduate of the Early Childhood Learning Institute at Hopkins House.
Take control of your future by guaranteeing a higher salary through college courses and professional credentialing. There is open enrollment for the next semester at the Early Childhood Learning Institute. Learn more!
Helpful Student Forms:
Helpful Student Links: