Parent Involvement & Resources
Policies & Procedures
Family Handbook: Hopkins House Preschool Academy policies and procedures are conveniently located in the Preschool Academy Family Handbook.
Administered by the Chief Academic Officer, the handbook is updated annually and given to parents at the beginning of each school year or upon their child's admission to the academy.
In order to ensure that all parents are aware of academy policies and procedures, parents are required to sign a receipt for the handbook.
Click here to read the Preschool Academy Family Handbook.
Parents Council: Hopkins House prides itself on actively engaging parents in the daily activities of the school. The Parents Council is designed as an open forum for parents to bring their ideas and input to the administration, including, but not limited to: fundraising, volunteering, and school operation.
Parents Council Executive Committee: Selected by our parents, the executive parent council, consisting of Council President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and a representative from each classroom, meets to discuss, academy operation, policy, general classroom issues or concerns, and fundraising. Elections are held each year and are open to all parents.
Helen Day Academy Parents Council Executive Committee for this School Year:
- President – Mike Dwyer
- Vice President – David McGuire
- Secretary – Michaela Sinclair
- Treasurer – (Currently Vacant)
- Infant 1 Classroom Representative – Garrett Hothan
- Infant 2 Classroom Representative – Amira Reiss
- Toddler Classroom Representative – Maggie Wanis
- Preschool Classroom Representative – Kristen Noble
- Junior KPrep/KPrep Classroom Representative – Jenn Scully
- Junior KPrep/KPrep Classroom Representative – Purvi Irwin
McNeil Academy Parents Council Executive Committee for this School Year:
- President – Keith Glidden
- Vice President – Jermain Fox
- Secretary – Katrina Moore
- Treasurer – Monique McMillan
- Infant Classroom Representative – Tom Mulcahy
- Toddler Classroom Representative – Ivan McMillan
- Preschool Classroom Representative - April Crawford
- Junior KPrep Classroom Representative – Theresa Porco
- KPrep Classroom Representative – Liliana Simmons
Fundraisers: Fundraisers are held throughout the year and all proceeds go to the Parents Council. These funds are used to purchase items for the classrooms, pay for field trips or puppet shows, underwrite the cost of graduations, or various additional items for the center at large.
Volunteering: The Hopkins House Preschool Academy has an open door policy and encourages parents to take an active role in the education of their children. Parents are welcome to come and read stories, serve as chaperones on field trips, participate in fundraising efforts, or just to drop by.
Helpful Resources for Parents