Parent Involvement & Resources
Policies & Procedures
Family Handbook: Hopkins House Preschool Academy policies and procedures are conveniently located in the Preschool Academy Family Handbook.
Administered by the Chief Academic Officer, the handbook is updated annually and given to parents at the beginning of each school year or upon their child's admission to the academy.
In order to ensure that all parents are aware of academy policies and procedures, parents are required to sign a receipt for the handbook.
Click here to read the Preschool Academy Family Handbook.
Parents Council: Hopkins House prides itself on actively engaging parents in the daily activities of the school. The Parents Council is designed as an open forum for parents to bring their ideas and input to the administration, including, but not limited to: fundraising, volunteering, and school operation.
Parents Council Executive Committee: Selected by our parents, the executive parent council, consisting of Council President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and a representative from each classroom, meets to discuss, academy operation, policy, general classroom issues or concerns, and fundraising. Elections are held each year and are open to all parents.
Helen Day Academy Parents Council Executive Committee for this School Year:
- President – Purvi Gandhi Irwin
- Vice President – Jodi Williams
- Secretary – Michaela Sinclair
- Treasurer – Jason Morrissette
- Infant 1 Classroom Representative – Kristin O'Connor
- Infant 2 Classroom Representative – Keith Kluwe
- Toddler Classroom Representative – Amira Reiss
- Preschool Classroom Representative – Robyn Morrissette
- Junior KPrep/KPrep Classroom Representative – Susan Blauert
- Junior KPrep/KPrep Classroom Representative – Purvi Irwin
Innovative Aademy Parents Council Executive Committee for this School Year:
- President – Nikita Spencer
- Vice President – Suheily Monjaras
- Secretary – Amber Monroe
- Treasurer – Tatiana Flores
- Infant Classroom Representative – (Currently Vacant)
- Toddler Classroom Representative – (Currently Vacant)
- Preschool Classroom Representative – (Currently Vacant)
- Junior KPrep Classroom Representative – (Currently Vacant)
- KPrep Classroom Representative – (Currently Vacant)
McNeil Academy Parents Council Executive Committee for this School Year:
- President – Jermain Fox
- Vice President – Katrina Moore
- Secretary – (Currently Vacant)
- Treasurer – Monique McMillian
- Infant Classroom Representative – Mela Carroll
- Toddler Classroom Representative – Ivan McMillan
- Preschool Classroom Representative - Kevin Barnes
- Junior KPrep Classroom Representative – Lottie Brewer
- KPrep Classroom Representative – Tracy Doan
Fundraisers: Fundraisers are held throughout the year and all proceeds go to the Parents Council. These funds are used to purchase items for the classrooms, pay for field trips or puppet shows, underwrite the cost of graduations, or various additional items for the center at large.
Volunteering: The Hopkins House Preschool Academy has an open door policy and encourages parents to take an active role in the education of their children. Parents are welcome to come and read stories, serve as chaperones on field trips, participate in fundraising efforts, or just to drop by.
We are honored and privileged to serve America' military families! The Hopkins House Preschool Academy is a NACCRRA Approved Provider.
NACCRRA, the National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies, works with more than 700 state and local Child Care Resource and Referral agencies nationwide. These agencies help ensure that military families in 99 percent of all populated ZIP codes in the United States have access to high-quality, affordable child care.
NACCRRA is working with the U.S. Military Services to help those who serve in the military find and afford child care that suits their unique needs. Through several innovative civilian/military efforts between the Services, NACCRRA and Child Care Resource and Referral agencies (CCR&Rs) are building the quality and capacity of child care throughout the country.
Military families, through this program, may be eligible for tuition assistance for their children to attend the Hopkins House Preschool Academy. For information, speak with the academy Principal.
Helpful Resources for Parents